Sharing personal experiences

The author's experience Personally, I can say that the Ketogenic Diet has changed my life, losing 25kg in less than five months. This has helped to eliminate my overweight problem, irritable bowel syndrome and even my dermatitis. On the contrary, for many years I tried to manage these problems with other dietary alternatives, such as the Mediterranean and low-carb diets, which allow a small percentage of carbohydrates, small amounts of beef and chicken, and more portions of fresh vegetables and fruit, nuts and legumes. However, eating carbohydrates is synonymous with insulin spikes that lead to visceral fat and long-term diabetes, whereas on the ketogenic diet the body begins to produce ketones, using fat for energy. At the beginning of my ketogenic diet, I experienced withdrawal symptoms as a result of my addiction to the sugars and starches I used to consume in milk, bread, fruit, snacks and other unhealthy foods. Within two weeks of starting the ketogenic diet, I began to feel more vital and energetic than I had on other diets, even those recommended by nutritionists. This improvement was continuous and was reflected in my appearance, health and self-esteem. However, for professional reasons, as I work as a chef for a prestigious company in Colombia, it was impossible for me to continue with the ketogenic diet and it affected my physical condition.
Are you on a diet? Want to share your experience?

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Introduction

Testimonials

A healthy and balanced diet